FOUR LAKES BOARD of
June 21, 2012
regular meeting of the Four Lakes Board of Officers was called to order at 7:00
PM at the home of Terry Deschenes by Mark Achzenik.
A. Approval of
approved from last Board Meeting.
Association is in complete compliance with the Bylaws as they pertain to
assessments for Roads. If a member has
more than one lot/property—they may not have more than one vote and
consequently the road assessment is per lot except for those living on Cedar
Grove Road. The discussion was should we
exempt those with multiple lots from paying an additional assessment for the
roads (the lot does not have a house on it) inside the community the way we
exempt those on Cedar Grove Road. Such a change would require an amendment to
the association by-laws.
Board unanimously voted to close the issue without bringing it to the
membership for an amendment.
Treasurer: Rod Case
- Issued a financial report and all bank accounts are current
in the report. One household in
serious arrears paid their past dues.
- The Board was asked its opinion and approval to
proceed on another property. The
house is being taken over by the bank and we would like to put a lien on
it; but the ownership is in question.
It was recommended to put the lien on the original owner and the
Board concurred with that recommendation.
- Two properties are still in arrears and are verging on
legal action again. Both households
have demonstrated a willingness to pay; however the dues for both remains
- The new owners of the Reid property are Scott and Carmelita
- Mowing the common areas are new expenses.
- We received our
legal reimbursement in the amount of $1200 when past dues were paid.
- More materials were purchased than anticipated for the
new water boxes and this is reflected in the report.
Roads: Terry Deschenes
- Need to do some patching. Decent weather is needed for the planned
projects. The big hill and the loop
road hill need patching work. Speed limit signs have been
reinstalled. Striping and painting
has been done and that work continues.
Water: Evan Lurton
- Rod Case reported that the leak was located and
fixed. A drain was installed in the
vault in front of Jackie Greening’s.
Community Property: Marty Johnson
- Ian’s mowed three times and has two more billings to
submit. Also, Ian is temporarily
incapacitated and it needs to be determined how the contract will
- The Summer bash is July 22nd
at the Gazebo and we will get things mowed for that.
- Trees haven’t been taken down yet. Things have been cleaned up along the
road parallel to Cedar Grove.
- There is some work underway with a property at the
front entrance and we will contact them to be sure their project is in
compliance with the community property plans.
- Rick Ward has eradicated the moles on a couple of occasions
and will send us a bill.
Lakes: Bob Liebling
- There are leaks around the
dike in Lake #2 when there is high water.
In our permit, we can fill 6 inches and that’s it. So that is the goal.
- Will get bids for the
herbicide treatment….the permit will take a month so it will be August
before the treatment takes place.
- A new issue concerns our new
neighbors in Tod’s old house.
Natural drainage used to go to Lake #2 and went through the
property and filled a little pond.
The drainage ditch is dry and up the loop road there is a new
current of water. We suspect water
has been diverted to 164th.
Will check to see if this has been done. The water could be going to the loop
road lake instead of into Lake #2.
If the water is not draining into Lake #2 ,
the Lake could be endangered. Another concern is that during the
winter rainy season—the roads could be seriously undermined.
- Need to remind people not to
alter any existing or man made waterways in our
community without contacting the Board first.
Entertainment: Bo Cambern
- July 22nd will be the Summer Bash with a Hawaiian
tropical theme (dress, food, music).
A band has been hired for $300.
The Bash will start at noon and continue until? The band quits at
4:00. The Committee is planning
another activity for the fall.
Communication: Terry Deschenes
- Newsletter will be published in June. The
Newsletter deadline is Saturday, June 23rd
Hospitality: Brendan Pecht
- Met the Park family and welcomed Justin and
Jana to the community. More new
neighbors are Jose and Lisa Riveros.
Jake Bender’s place is up for sale.
Next Meeting: July 19, 2012 at Terry Deschenes.
Minutes submitted by:
Sharon Ayers, Secretary